Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August 2015 - OAKLAND PROTEST HISTORY

My task this month is to read up on the history behind some of Oakland's social-justice movements & protests: Labor struggles, Black Panthers, Occupy Oakland, and others. As this is my personal-learning blog, it's going to focus on what I've learned, and possibly include my opinions, but I'm not going to be presenting anything as A Fact That You Must Believe: I'm simply sharing what I learn as I go. There is a LOT to cover, and I don't expect to become all-wise on any of these issues in the next 30-ish days, but I do hope to gain a broader depth of knowledge on topics that have intrigued me for years. And it's another excuse to go take photos of Oakland!

Photo by Robert Galbraith  /  Reuters

 

No comments:

Post a Comment